Over the last three years, financial advisors who are a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ have reported an increase in gross earnings of $20,000-$40,000 in the year following their CFP® certification. More than 95 percent of them report feeling satisfied or very satisfied with their careers.
The Management Development Institute offers two CFP® certification education programs.
- The Online Executive CFP® Certification Education program is an independent, self-paced, online education program, designed to fulfill the education requirement to sit for the CFP® Certification Examination. The program is designed to be completed in nine months but may completed in more or less time, depending on a student’s schedule.
- The Live Online Certficate in Financial Planning program is a Web-delivered, classroom-based, live and fully interactive financial planning program designed to meet the education requirements for the CFP® Certification Examination. This program is designed to take nine months.
Each program consists of six modules:
- Fundamentals of Financial Planning and Insurance
- Investment Planning
- Income Tax Planning
- Retirement Planning
- Estate Planning
- Financial Plan Presentation
Online Executive CFP® Certification Education
The Online Executive CFP® Certification Education program is an independent, self-study, online education program, designed to fulfill the education requirement to sit for the CFP® Certification Examination. The program is designed to be completed in nine months but may be completed in more or less time, depending on a student’s schedule.
Students complete the program at their own pace via highly interactive content, including video introductions for each module, instructor whiteboard examples and lectures, interactive games, exercises, homework and exams. This program is appropriate for anyone who cannot attend a regularly scheduled class or is a disciplined, self-study student. Access to the program is granted for nine months, with a one-time complimentary extension. Further extensions may be purchased. For more information on the program and to register, please call (877) 426-2373, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Live Online Certificate in Financial Planning ®
The Masters Certificate in Financial Planning is a live, instructor-led, Internet delivered financial planning education program, designed to meet the education requirement for the CFP® Certification Examination in only nine months. This accelerated program is taught by experienced and foremost financial planning educators in the country. The MDI offers this program in partnership with Dalton Education, the leading provider of financial planning education and materials. Because of Dalton’s extensive experience in providing financial planning education, students participate in an efficient and effective learning environment.
Unlike most distance learning options, the Masters Certificate is not an Internet self-study program. Rather, classes are conducted live, over the Internet. From anywhere in the country, students with Internet access can attend “virtual classrooms” to interact and communicate with instructors and other students using a headset and voice-over-IP technology. All the live classes are also recorded and available for playback. For more information on the program and to register, please call (877) 426-2373, or send an email to email@example.com.
Please note: Beginning January 1, 2007, candidates for CFP® certification must earn a bachelor's degree prior to holding the CFP® certification. For students enrolling January 1, 2012 or later, the financial planning presentation course will be required.
For more information about CFP® certification please visit: http://www.cfp.net.
Currently, there are no prerequisites or admissions process for the MDI CFP® program; however, a general knowledge of finance terms and an understanding of financial planning issues are desired.
Additional requirements of the program include:
- Computer and Internet access.
- Proficiency with a financial calculator (calculator training workshops are available).
- All coursework must be completed with a minimum grade of "C" or better.
Certificate of Completion
Students who successfully complete all the courses will be awarded a Certificate of Completion from the Management Development Institute at Missouri State University.