That’s right! Now is your chance to join our team as an Accounting Specialist. We’re looking for someone who loves a good spreadsheet, thrives in a fast-paced environment, and enjoys being a team player.
It’s our mission to make Springfield, Missouri the best place in the country to start and grow a business.
We believe in hard work, determination, and collaboration. We truly believe Springfield, Missouri is where dreams can come true. Community is who we are. Forward is where we’re going. We’d love to have you along for the ride.
The primary job duty of the Accounting Specialist is to maintain financial records and accounts. The specialist may also provide some administrative support services to our department.
Wondering what it takes?
- Knowledge of and aptitude with accounting procedures
- Tested and proven clerical aptitude
- Working knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet applications
- Working knowledge of or the ability to learn and use database applications, the administrative business system or enterprise resource planning system
- Ability to maintain moderately complex filing systems and records and make mathematical calculations
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain departmental financial records and accounts and prepare financial reports
- Ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds
At least two years of progressively responsible bookkeeping, purchasing, and/or accounting experience is required for this position.
View the full job description and apply through Missouri State University’s job portal. Applications will be accepted through September 20, 2019.